Real Avid, the Leader in DIY for Guns®, is seeking a hands-on innovative marketing leader who loves to work collaboratively in a team environment and excels in both seeing and navigating the “big picture”. We have a highly professional yet refreshingly informal office culture, so feel free to leave your khakis and dress shoes at home, flip-flops and hoodies are just as appropriate here. We’re more impressed with results and a job well done! We are in the firearms and shooting industry, specifically tools for building, customizing, maintaining and cleaning guns. We have global distribution and are the leader in DIY for Guns®. If this looks like something you would be interested in, we invite you to read on and see if you’d be a good fit.
Stop by our booth #70823 at SHOT Show to learn more or to hear about additional marketing positions available. If interested, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Collaboratively lead a cross-functional, growing team currently consisting of six individual contributors overseeing the company’s annual marketing objectives and timelines for all channels.
- Distill overarching brand objectives into delegated projects and initiatives for the team and contractor partners to execute and then pull it all back together.
- Frequent collaboration with the sales and product development teams offering consumer and market insights, promotional initiatives and aligning marketing support objectives.
- Strategic planning within team, peer directors and executive team to set annual objectives and initiatives and then build and manage a full-scale annual marketing budget to support the plan.
- Build PR relationships within the industry to drive brand awareness, collaborative content development and distribution.
- Lead the product naming and positioning exercises, trademarking, etc., (20+ products per year) with a focus on both retail strength and online SEO.
- Some examples of projects you would lead or oversee are catalogs, video production, retail packaging, merchandising development, sales/marketing collateral, print and digital ads, commercial production, insertion orders, public relations, tradeshows and PR negotiations. In addition, this role will also oversee the company’s consumer and dealer websites, e-commerce dealer support, Amazon, social media channels and asset libraries.
- Continuous research and benchmarking to conceive new concepts and methods for brand and product message distribution, and then to tell us what’s next.
These should be your strengths:
- The successful candidate for this role has a willingness to pitch-in and the ability to lead, inspire and collaborate with team members to successfully accomplish objectives and complete projects. People enjoy working on your team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- You should have a solid understanding of all marketing channels and be able to determine which mix is best for any particular objective.
- Outstanding organizational skills, time management and schedule awareness are key for this role. The ability to see the big picture, prioritize and self-direct is critical.
- Success in this role will largely depend on your ability to continually refresh the companies go-to-market strategy by employing solid traditional tactics while also exploring and activating new and engaging tactics to engage our customers in new and different ways.
- Being able to work through ambiguity and continually push forward to meet objectives will be one of the keys to your success.
- The openness and ability to quickly pivot and adapt to ever changing directives and priorities while keeping the team content, centered and focused.
- Figuratively speaking, you’re a great juggler. Keeping what may seem at times an overwhelming number of balls in the air is a piece of cake for you.
This should be your experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
- You should have at least 10 years of diverse experience in a marketing leadership role in a similar or adjacent market.
- Strategic planning as it relates to go to market and brand building objectives.
- You have experience collaboratively leading teams and utilizing others to reach objectives.
- Editing skills (punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc.).
- Web and Ecommerce marketing administration experience, preferably WordPress.
- Creative writing skills would be a plus.
About Real Avid:
Real Avid is the leader in DIY for Guns®. We relentlessly invent superior problem-solving products and instruction that improve the experience of customizing, cleaning, building and modifying guns. Visit www.RealAvid.com for more information and to see the full line of Real Avid products.