Outtech is currently seeking candidates for a full-time Graphic & Website Designer Position. The primary responsibility of this role will be to provide graphic design, web design and marketing support to the Outtech Marketing, Sales and Management teams. Experience with hunting, fishing and/or outdoor recreation activities preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creation of digital collateral to support the growth of all Outtech verticals. Primarily: websites, sales tools, infographics, business presentations, social media assets, and digital advertising campaigns.
- Create sales tools for Outtech team as requested by Outtech sales management.
- Support management team with presentation deck creation and design using both Google Slides and Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Create and prepare for print company documents as needed including business cards, catalogs, brand portfolios and sales tools.
- Utilize Wix and Shopify to create new websites, both B2B and consumer facing.
- Implement Shopify vendor integrations, and app/plugin installation and setup for Shopify.
- Update and maintain existing company and subsidiary websites using Wix and Shopify.
- Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs.
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations to help deliver a message.
- Design layouts, including selection of colors, images, and typefaces.
- Create infographics to illustrate data and tell stories.
- Draft press releases, provide copy for partner brands/internal projects as needed and communicate effectively using email.
- Clearly communicate with the Director of Marketing and Communications in order to meet deliverables.
- Present design concepts to internal teams as needed.
- Incorporate changes recommended by internal teams.
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them.
- Experience with hunting, fishing and/or outdoor recreation activities preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Page Design or related field.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Proficiency with Shopify and Wix for website creation and management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including full understanding of Powerpoint and basic working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Proficiency in Google Docs tools including full understanding of Slides and basic working knowledge of Sheets and Docs
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Self-motivation and able to follow instructions and create results with minimal supervision
- Ability to bring original ideas to the table and brainstorm with team members in a collaborative dynamic
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism and course-correct as needed
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Position is based in Northeast Ohio, remote role will be considered for the right candidate.
- Occasional travel required (up to 15%) when conditions allow.
To learn more and to apply, please send resume and cover letter to HR@outtech-online.com
Established in 1989, Outtech Inc. is an 100% employee owned company (ESOP). Outtech is one of the outdoor industry’s leaders in sales & marketing, maintaining a portfolio of brand leaders across hunt, camp, fish, shooting sports and outdoor lifestyle categories. Outtech is staffed with a group of over 60 industry specialists spread across multiple divisions, with over 1,300 combined years of experience in the outdoor industry.