There are two (2) openings for this position. One for Pistols/Revolvers and one for Rifles.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Product Development, the Product Manager will be responsible for product and category research and development. The ideal candidate will leverage experience with hunting and shooting accessories to assess and communicate consumer needs and desires. The ideal candidate will also collaborate with the Engineering team and participate in PSC meetings.
- Product/prototype testing, feature and function documentation
- Market research and analysis of products and categories
- Assist in coordination of product development procedure
- Manage new product ideas/concepts and catalog
- Product design input analysis
- Line reviews and end consumer perception of product offerings
- Coordinate and collaborate with sales and marketing on product launches to include timing, initial forecasting, market positioning and marketing launch tactics.
- Assist in copywriting, instruction manual writing
- Assist with trade shows as needed
- Assist sales department with product information and misc. supporting materials and projects
- Work safely as well as identify and report any safety hazards immediately
- Maintain good housekeeping in personal area and all common areas
- Other duties as assigned
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Preferred 4-year degree in business, marketing or related field
- 4 years of experience in the shooting, hunting, reloading industry preferred, but knowledge of the industry is required
- Understanding of consumer psychology
- Passion for hunting and shooting sports
- Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to organize large amounts of data in a logical manner
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Some work is required in "off-hours" for business meetings/company events.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Ability to move about facility on regular basis to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Visual and hearing acuity.
- General office environment, with some exposure to plant environment, with fork lift and other general hazards.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.
Click to Apply