Colt proudly announces the launch of its new CBX Precision Rifle. The CBX is an advanced bolt-action chassis rifle with features ideal for competitive shooters. “Our engineers excelled in the design of the CBX Rifle,” remarked Jessica Treglia, Colt Manufacturing, Director of Commercial Products. “We’ve created a premium precision rifle worthy of the Colt name.”
The CBX rifle is customizable for a shooters’ fit, and its modular accommodates aftermarket accessories, including, suppressors, weights, AICS magazines, and optic
The modularity of a chassis rifle system makes them a popular choice for competitive target shooters. The CBX’s user-adjustable length-of-pull and cheek weld allow a custom shooter fit. The rifle’s aluminum chassis features a 15-inch extended forend with an ARCA rail and M-LOK® slots for mounting accessories. An aggressive barricade stop establishes a solid shooting platform in any position. Enhanced ergonomics include an angled pistol grip, built-in thumb shelf, QD cups, and an ambidextrous magazine release, providing a user-friendly shooting experience.
The CBX rifle system features a flat-bottom receiver—a design that reduces flex and improves accuracy. Its 60° bolt throw allows for faster cycling times and increased optic compatibility, while its ergonomic 2-position tang safety is intuitive and quick to operate. A user-adjustable (2.5-5lb), crisp trigger allows a customizable shooter feel.
Colt optimized the CBX’s carbon steel, button-rifled barrel’s length for ballistic performance. The 6.5 Creedmoor sports a 26-inch barrel, while the .308 Win uses a 24-inch barrel, and both feature 5/8-24 UNEF threaded muzzles with thread protectors. A black nitride treatment protects barrels from corrosion while providing a tactical matte finish.
Other features included with the CBX rifle system are a 1-piece Picatinny rail with Rem700 compatible scope mounts and a detachable 5-round Magpul AICS magazine.
Colt backs the CBX Precision Rifle with a sub-MOA accuracy guarantee. “We are proud of the CBX rifle platform and know shooters will love how it performs,” added Treglia. The CBX Precision Rifle is available at Colt now at dealers nationwide.
Colt CBX Precision Rifle Features:
- Flat-bottom receiver reduces flex and improves accuracy
- AICS magazine compatible (includes 5-round Magpul® magazine)
- Black nitride barrel finish protects against corrosion
- Carbon steel, button-rifled barrel with ballistically optimized length and twist
- Ergonomic 2-position safety
- 60° bolt throw for faster cycling times and increased optic compatibility
- 1-piece Picatinny rail – Rem700 compatible
- Aluminum chassis with a user-adjustable length of pull and cheek weld
- Extended forend (15”) with ACRA rail and M-LOK® slots
- Aggressive barricade stop
- User-adjustable trigger (2.5-5lbs)
- Pistol grip, thumb shelf, QD cups, ambidextrous mag latch
Colt CBX Precision Rifle Specifications:
- Barrel Length: 24” .308Win; 26” 6.5 Creedmoor
- Weight: 10.75lbs (unloaded)
- Capacity: 5+1
- Twist Rate: 1:10RH 6 GR .308 Win; 1:8RH 6 GR 6.5 Creedmoor
- OAL: 47” .308 Win; 49” 6.5 Creedmoor
- Trigger Pull: 2.5-5 lb (user-adjustable)
- MSRP: $1,899
For more information, please visit WWW.COLT.COM.