The National Account Manager is responsible for meeting their sales objectives at their assigned accounts (Distributor or Big Box Retailer). This includes developing an account specific sales plan, 12 month rolling marketing plan, new product training, promotion development and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties include the following - other duties may be assigned:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties include the following -- other duties may be assigned.
- Manage accounts in a manner that increases brand awareness, product presence and revenue generation for all Smith & Wesson, TCA and Gemtech products.
- Develop and nurture strong customer contacts and positive, proactive relationships with buyers, sales managers, sales representative and upper management ensuring open streams of communication.
- Develop and implement action plans that increase Smith & Wesson product presence either face to face or phone contact with account managers to ensure adequate stock is on hand to meet anticipated sales.
- Depending on market conditions, create account specific promotion that move product to retail.
- Monitor on a continual basis (weekly) sales and inventory data. Communicate with Marketing Department trends and issues pertaining to sales/marketing initiates.
- Analyze customer sales and inventory data along with SAP reports to ensure customer needs are being maximized.
- Provide sales forecasts quarterly for all accounts with action plans to achieve goals.
- Disseminates information to key accounts and District Sales Managers ensuring all product knowledge, initiative and trends are up to date at retail.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field;
- Field sales experience in the firearms industry preferred
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in a sales, marketing or customer service role with a branded consumer products leader, preferably in the sporting goods product category.
- Must be a creative thinker to overcome customer rejections.
- Must be adaptable and be able to consistently deal with ever-changing conditions.
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2-year time span
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Employee training and development experience
- Strong customer orientation.
- Expertise in relational selling.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- High performance team experience and the desire to be a strong team player
- Commitment to Company values
- Must have strong command of the English language, both verbal and written communications
- Exceptional skills in MS Office Suite -- Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Complete all necessary training as required by assigned department and position
- Participate in and follow all company initiatives
- Participate in continuous improvement projects (Kaizen events, 5S, etc.)
- Works in an office environment
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on factory floor
- The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear
- All employees are required to apply ergonomic principles to all job tasks
- Normal office environment conditions
- Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting
- Work environment is similar to most manufacturing operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting
Link to apply: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1055241&d=External&r=5000577955806&_fromPublish=true#/