Job Opening: Buyer
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Director of Archery Purchasing
Job Location: Mount Joy, PA 17552
Maintain customer service levels and minimize inventory dollar investment by managing appropriate inventory levels across multiple warehouse locations. Prepare purchase orders and warehouse transfers, adding new items to inventory, maintaining information systems, and historical references. Conduct a consistent inventory analysis and vendor review.
- Work well in a team environment
- Taking initiative
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Purchase inventory by preparing and submitting purchase orders
- Manage existing inventory with an emphasis on a high rate of turn
- Stock balance via transfer orders between warehouse locations
- Identify and recommend new items by investigating potential suppliers; researching the competition, market trends, profitability and item availability
- Assist to resolve shipment discrepancies by mediating vendor/manufacturing issues
- Maintain existing and seek out new vendor partnerships
- Prepare and present reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Maintain competitive product pricing by negotiating buying programs and costs
- Assist in the coordination of the annual dealer show
*Applicants should submit a resume to Human Resources:
Email: HR@KinseysInc.com - Please use Buyer for the subject title.
Website: www.kinseysinc.com – Careers Section
Kinsey’s is a leading distributor to the outdoor, firearms and archery industry. Carrying more than 31,000 products from more than 500 brands, the company offers domestic and international retailers a wide array of products and services including a 950-page catalog; an online ordering system; a renowned arrow-fletching program and more. The company owns innovative consumer brands including October Mountain Products™, Fin-Finder™, Elevation™, BlackHeart™, and Alpine™.